Ever have a 2am what if moment? This morning at 2:18am, Cheryl was not in bed next to me.
A frightening, but unusually calm terror immediately filled my body.
A quick review of Cheryl’s facts – I was groggy:
- Left work with two colleagues
- Went straight Orlando Magic basketball game downtown
- After game, take Robin back to work to get her car
- Then drop off Molina at Disney’s Grand Floridian
- Home by 11pm, latest, right?
But it’s 2:18am.
What if she was in an accident? The phone would have rang.
What if she was abducted? The phone wouldn’t ring.
I called. No answer.
What if the kidnapper was brutal?
More intense panic.
Why didn’t she call?
Moving to the hall, I called louder downstairs…
Her precious voice. Also sleepy.
Was quietly reminded that the key to peace and contentment, even in the midst of a brutal world, is living each day like it fully counts.
Side note: Yesterday two bombs exploded at the 117th Boston Marathon finish line.